Saturday, April 30, 2011

WEEKEND BONUS RECIPE - ALMOND CHICKEN SALAD

Years ago, there was a fabulous Chinese restaurant in Central Florida called "Sampan". Their steaks were are great as the Chinese food. They made an almond chicken salad that was to die for! You can imagine my shock when a co-worker (Nancy P.) brought in her homemade chicken salad that tasted like it came from Sampan. I was even more surprised to find out that canned chicken was used. Well, don't you know that I got that recipe from Nancy! I always make a double batch. It is great on bread and crackers, but I personally LOVE to eat it on a croissant.

The recipe below is for a single batch of chicken salad. Recipe can easily be doubled.


HER WAY: ALMOND CHICKEN SALAD


1 can (5 oz) white chicken breast
1/2 cup mayonnaise (no Miracle Whip)
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
1/4 cup finely diced celery
salt & pepper, to taste

Drain and rinse the chicken. Break down into very small pieces. Mix all the ingredients together. Chill.

11 comments:

  1. I believe I'll try this recipe. Why? Because I like chicken, and it's easy. I'm all about easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me. Thanks for the recipe :-)

    Take care and have a great weekend

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy! My friend's husband used to be a chef. He makes something similar to this but throws in some white grapes. It tastes fabulous!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane. . .white grapes would be a wonderful addition to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've used white grapes orcranberries mmmmm I'm hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like simple recipe, and this one is to my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori (and Peter)

    How I LOVE the idea of this blog! Friendly competition and great dishes to be shared. I am not from Florida but I am an east coast girl... wonder if I will have a preference? :)

    Looking forward to visiting often!
    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm need to try this - definitely adding grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love an easy chicken salad. This one sounds super.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This recipe sounds awesome! I just found your blog and love the idea of a brother and sister working together on a blog. I'm excited to try either "his" or "her" recipes! I am a new follower and invite you to visit my blog.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete