Friday, June 17, 2011

WEEKEND BONUS RECIPE: GARNET & GOLD CHICKEN

This recipe should actually be called "You can teach old dogs new tricks" chicken. Back in 1993, our office decided to put together our own little recipe booklet. This recipe was from one of our student workers, Sydney I. Sydney was about 19 years old and he was a "starving" student. We all loved this recipe which is very easy and delicious.


HER WAY: GARNET & GOLD CHICKEN


1 can cranberry sauce (not jellied)
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 large bottle of french dressing
4 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)


Mix the first 3 ingredients together and pour over the chicken in a baking dish. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the concept of your blog! I live up North and my brother lives down South. We're always trying to out-do each other when it comes to cooking. I just became a follower and am looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great. I am going to wait for the opposing version. I like the mix of flavors in this.
    I have congestive heart failure, is there a way to get the appropriate flavor and not had the excessive salt of the onion soup? Also would guys do a few challenges on low salt/salt free dishes that are still tasty?
    I am enjoying what you are doing. Oh, I love Pampered Chef too. Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger. . .Thank you for your kind words. You are such a sweetie. I'm not sure if they make a low salt onion soup mix or not. I suppose that it might be something that would have to be homemade where you could eliminate the salt. No opposing version of the garnet & gold chicken. It was a bonus recipe. (I will have to put most of my chicken recipes on as a bonus because Pete doesn't eat chicken).

    Lori

    ReplyDelete